I thought this recipe deserved a holiday re-post as the views on the original post are through the roof. This is the #1 viewed recipe on my blog. If you have not made it yet, now is the time, Santa is coming and he LOVES these (he told me last year)! All it needs is 4 ingredients and a few minutes of your time, and voila, a super fun and totally yummy holiday treat (I just made a batch and couldn’t keep my hands off of them!). A big thank you to my amazing friend Jill who introduced me to these squares and who inspired me to get blogging – love you Jill!
- 1 cup of light peanut butter
- 1/4 of margarine or unsalted butter (my preferred brand of margarine is Lactancia Healthy Attitude Omega 3)
- One 300g bag of butterscotch chips
- One 250g bag of coloured mini marshmallows (I used Kraft Jet Puffed Fruit Flavoured Minis)
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt peanut butter, margarine and butterscotch chips in a large glass bowl in the microwave, in two 30 second increments, stirring after each heating until totally melted.
- Stir in the bag of mini marshmallows.
- Pour into the 9 x 9 pan and smooth evenly. Chill in the refrigerator until totally set.
- Once set, remove squares from the pan and cut into quarters and then 12 squares for each quarter which will yield you 48 squares.
- Store in the squares in the fridge so they stay firm and remove before serving. Sweet and delicious!