I love Tim Horton’s, especially their breakfast sandwiches and wraps, so I wanted to recreate one of my faves at home – their grilled breakfast wrap with peppers, onions, bacon, egg and spicy mayo.
The results were awesome, fresh and delicious (sorry Timmy’s but I think I have you beat with my homemade version!).
Recipes is for one wrap, increase quantities for each additional wrap you are making.
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup of sliced onion and peppers (I used a blend of yellow, red and green – but use whatever you have)
- 1 large egg, whisked with 1 tsp of water
- 1/4 cup shredded light sharp cheddar
- 1 tbsp spicy mayo (optional) – I used a homemade chipotle mayo spice mix I had on hand, but you could also mix 1 tbsp of mayo with a squirt or two of sriracha as well
- In a medium skillet cook bacon until fully cooked, remove to a paper towel lined plate to absorb access fat. Drain pan of all but a little bacon grease to cook peppers in.
- Add peppers to skillet and cook until softened. Remove from skillet and place on tortilla. Add drained bacon on top of peppers.
- Place skillet back on heat, add a smidge of butter or margarine if there is no longer any grease left in pan. Cook the egg omelette style (making one round cooked piece of egg), or scramble – either way works fine. Once fully cooked remove from heat.
- Add the spicy mayo on top of the bacon, and then sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Place the cooked egg on top of cheese.
- Roll up wrap by folding in sides, and then roll away from you into a burrito style bundle.
- Optional – heat a panini press and grill wrap for 2 minutes to finish. If you do not have a panini press you can crisp in a pan or just skip this step.
For another Tim Horton’s breakfast copycat recipe check out my Breakfast Panini (no longer on the menu at Tim’s but you can make it at home!)
. . . And check out all my great breakfast recipes here