It’s day number 3 of Peach Week and this is one of my favourite Panini creations ever. A mouth watering combination of fresh peaches drizzled with balsamic glaze, creamy handmade mozzarella, good quality prosciutto, and peppery baby arugula between fresh sourdough bread. SOOOOO good!
- 2 slices of thickly sliced sourdough bread
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for brushing on the bread (1/2 tsp per slice)
- A few slices of mozzarella (I used a fabulous handmade skim mozzarella that was beautiful)
- 1 peach, thinly sliced
- A drizzle of balsamic glaze
- 1 slice of prosciutto
- A small handful of baby arugula
- Kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Preheat your panini maker.
- Drizzle or brush olive oil on the outside of the bread.
- Layer one slice of sourdough with mozzarella and then sliced peaches. Season peaches with a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Add the Prosciutto, and then the arugula on top. Add a few grinds of pepper on top of the arugula. Finally place a few slices of mozzarella on top so the entire panini will press and stick together.
- Top with the second slice of bread and transfer to the panini maker.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and the bread is toasted (a few minutes).
- Remove sandwich from the panini maker with a large spatula and let rest a minute as it will be very hot, and the cheese will ooze if you choose to slice in two.