Frittata is a fast and easy way to make a delicious dinner. Here is another frittata recipe I just made last night – this time with bacon, onion, spinach, red pepper and swiss cheese. A great recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! Don’t forget to check out my Asparagus, Shallot and Provolone Frittata too!
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk or cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices of uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, finely diced (heaping 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup of diced red pepper
- 2 cups of packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of grated swiss cheese
- Pre-heat the broiler on your oven (for a 10″ skillet you can just use the lower setting)
- Combine the eggs with milk or cream and whisk until combined. Add in a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 10″ non-stick oven-proof skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon pieces and cook until starting to brown.
- Add the onion and red pepper to the skillet with the bacon, and cook until the onion and red pepper have softened (about 2-5 minutes). Season with some grinds of freshly ground pepper.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and add the spinach to the skillet and combine until spinach has wilted.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet. Top the eggs with the grated cheese distributing it evenly over the top. Cover the skillet with a lid and let the eggs cook for 2 minutes untouched.
- Remove the cover and place the skillet in the oven. Watching carefully, let the eggs cook for 4 minutes until they begin to brown slightly.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully slide the frittata out of the skillet and onto a serving plate.
- Serve the frittata with a side salad and a nice piece of crusty bread for a nice light and tasty dinner. A 10″ frittata is the perfect amount for dinner for my husband and I and sometimes a bit leftover for lunch the next day.