Happy 2017! Excited to kick off the New Year with an easy, fresh and tasty recipe. Last week, one of my besties Jill brought over a delish salad from her local Farm Boy market, and as soon as I tried it I knew I had to create a copycat. This easy broccoli-cauliflower salad is crunchy and deliciously dressed with a homemade apple cider vinaigrette. Perfect as a side or to pop into your lunch. Recipe makes 4-5 cups of salad, and vinaigrette yields appox 4 oz/100ml (the exact amount you will need for the salad). This recipe can be easily doubled, tripled, etc depending on how much you need or want.
- Heaping 2 cups of finely chopped broccoli
- Heaping 2 cups of finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 carrot, finely julienned (i used my handy dandy julienne peeler)
- Heaping 1/2 cup of dried cranberries soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and then drained (to soften them up)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in an immersion blender container and blending until completely emulsified OR you can use a blender if you do not have an immersion blender.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Salad can be served immediately but best to let sit for 15-30 minutes so vinaigrette soaks in. Salad keeps really well for next day snacking/lunches, etc.