Father’s Day is coming up this weekend, so what better way to start Dad’s day on Father’s Day then with a loaded Steak & Egg Breakfast Burrito? The combination of tender grilled steak, with egg, sharp cheddar, salsa and guacamole is sure to be one of Dad’s new favourites!
- One large flour tortilla of your choice (regular, whole wheat, spinach)
- 1 large egg scrambled
- Approximately 1/2 cup of pre-cooked grilled steak, thinly sliced (this is great if you have leftovers . . . I always like to cook extra steak for sandwiches, and breakfast creations!)
- Light old cheddar, grated – approx 1/4-1/2 cup
- 2 heaping tablespoons of your favourite salsa
- 2 heaping tablespoons of your favourite guacamole
- Pre-heat your panini press (if using), you can also serve without finishing in a panini-press.
- Assemble your breakfast burrito by laying out the tortilla then layering with your cooked scrambled egg, then topping with the steak, cheddar cheese, salsa and guacamole.
- Wrap up burrito, folding in sides, then rolling away from you wrapping up all contents “burrito style” securely so they will not leak.
- At this point you can serve immediately or you can finish in a panini press (optimal and most delicious as it will melt cheese and heat contents perfectly) . . . you could also press in a warm dry frying pan with a weight of some sort on top (such as a plate or second smaller frying pan).
- Remove from panini press, slice in half and serve to your #1 Dad!