One of my favourite leftover creations is using my delicious weeknight beef taco filling to make the most AWESOME weekend breakfast burritos! The perfectly spiced taco mixture is simply scrambled up with your eggs. Top with cheese, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole and sour cream and you will be in breakfast burrito heaven!
Recipe makes 2 Burritos.
- 1 cup of leftover Beef Taco mixture
- 4 large eggs
- Toppings of your choice including: freshly diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- 2 large whole wheat (or other your choice) tortillas
- In a medium skillet re-heat 1 cup of the taco mixture on medium heat until heated through.
- Add in the 4 eggs, and scramble with the meat mixture until the eggs are completely set, then remove from heat.
- Divide egg mixture between the two large tortillas.
- Top with your favourite toppings – we love adding cheddar, salsa, guacamole, sour cream and fresh diced tomatoes.
- Roll your filling into burritos by folding in the sides of the tortilla and then the end closest to you, then rolling the burrito away from you while tucking in the filling.
- At this point you can choose to grill the burritos in a panini press to finish, or you can just slice and serve without grilling – it will taste delicious either way!