Here is a great cookie recipe originally posted 2 years ago for momstown.ca, that is a great way to use up that mountain of Halloween chocolate while getting ready for the holiday season!
Get a head start on Christmas baking by using up those mini halloween chocolates to make a delicious and festive cookie dough that you can freeze now and bake later. Instead of baking them right away, scoop cookie dough portions onto baking sheets and freeze, so come Christmastime you have delicious cookies ready to pop out of the freezer and bake and serve in minutes!
Link here for the recipe or see below:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 heaping cups of assorted, chopped, halloween chocolates (about 25-30)
1. Prepare a baking sheet (that will fit into your freezer) with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In an electric mixer cream butter with the sugars. Add egg and vanilla and combine.
3. Combine baking soda with hot water, and add to mixer.
4. Add flour and salt and stir until incorporated.
5. Pour in the chopped chocolates and combine dough well.
6. Using a small or medium cookie scoop (or tablespoon, or 2 spoons), scoop out equal portions of dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Instead of baking, then place cookie sheet into the freezer and freeze the individual cookies, which will then be ready to bake anytime!
8. Once frozen transfer ready-to-bake cookies to a freezer bag and keep in the freezer until you need cookies.
9. To bake – pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake cookies from frozen for 12 minutes or until golden around the edges.
Note: Using a medium (1 1/2 TBSP) cookie scoop will yield about 32 cookies. Double, triple recipe as needed.