Well we have reached the final day of Peach Week 2015, and my last recipe is a mouth watering salad or appetizer that you must try this weekend! The combination of goat cheese with peaches and prosciutto is so good, and paired with spicy baby arugula and sweet balsamic glaze, your taste buds will be in heaven!
Recipe below is per serving.
- 1 peach, halved with pit removed
- 4 tsp of goat cheese
- 2 pieces of prosciutto (depending on size – if prosciutto slices are larger you could choose to use half of one slice for each peach half)
- 1 cup of baby arugula
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher (coarse) salt & Freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Balsamic glaze for finishing
- Place arugula on a salad plate. Drizzle with some olive oil, and season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Top each peach half with 2 tsp of goat cheese (my small ice cream scoop worked perfectly for this!)
- Wrap each peach half with a piece of prosciutto.
- Place each prosciutto wrapped peach slice on the arugula.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Tip: You could also create smaller portions by cutting peaches into quarters, topping with 1 tsp of goat cheese and wrapping in smaller pieces of prosciutto for bite size appetizers!