This easy flatbread made with sliced peaches, red onion, roasted red peppers, goat cheese and finished with balsamic glaze and arugula will wow company for your end of summer get togethers! Easy and fast to make, with spectacular presentation, this recipe can be served as an appetizer or a main. I found an excellent soft and delicious flatbread (from Manoucher) at my local Longo’s which worked amazing for this recipe. You can also use pizza dough, other ready to bake flatbreads, or even greek pitas as the base for individual servings. Have fun and make it your own while using the ingredients as your guide. This really turned out fabulous and perhaps one of my fave peach creations yet!
- Flatbread of your choice (I found a 7″ x 22″ Manoucher ready to heat flatbread at my local Longo’s) which was excellent!
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling/seasoning
- Kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 2 peaches peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of red onion thinly sliced and sauteed with some olive oil and salt and pepper until softenened
- A generous 1/4 cup of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of sliced roasted red peppers
- Balsamic glaze
- Baby Arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season surface of flatbread with a drizzle of olive oil, Kosher salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay peach slices on top of the flatbread.
- Layer the cooked red onion and roasted red peppers over the peaches.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the top.
- Drizzle top with a bit more olive oil, and season with a bit more salt and pepper before baking.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes directly on the middle oven rack until crust is crisp. If flatbread is smaller then you can use a pizza pan or baking sheet. My flatbread was SO big I just put it directly on my oven rack and it baked perfectly with no mess.
- Remove flatbread carefully from the oven and drizzle with some balsamic glaze.
- Finish by sprinkling with as much arugula as desired.
- Serve immediately in large chunks, or cut into appetizer size portions.