It is Day 2 of Kara’s Favourites Peach Week, and today’s recipe is scrumptious Shrimp & Peach Skewers (these are really awesome!). My skewers stack together marinated shrimp with peach, red pepper and red onion chunks making a sweet and savoury bbq delight. We really loved how these turned out – and the flavour combo was so delicious! You really have to try these!
My recipe made us 8 (12″ long) skewers (enough to serve 2 adults and 2 children), just increase the proportions to serve more.
Note that you can also choose to simple season the shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper if you want to skip the marinade. The shrimp with the peaches, peppers and onions is a delicious flavour combo, but the marinade really does make the shrimp taste fab!
- Raw large shrimp (deveined) defrosted & shelled – we used one package of PC Raw Zipperback Pacific White Shrimp (31 to 40 in a 400g package)
- 4 peaches, cut into quarters
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- Kosher (Coarse) Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- For the shrimp marinade: whisk together juice of 1 lime with 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp melted butter, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, pinch of cayenne and 2 tsp fresh basil (fine chiffonade)
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30-60 minutes
- While skewers soak, marinate shrimp in marinade in the fridge (also 30-60 minutes)
- Toss peaches, peppers, and onion together in a bowl. Drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with a few pinches of Kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper to season. Toss to combine.
- Prepare skewers by alternating with shrimp, chunks of peach, red pepper and red onion
- Heat your grill up to high (400 degrees), and then once ready to grill turn down to low for cooking – which should maintain medium-high temperature (300-350 degrees) while cooking the skewers.
- Cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side, then remove immediately to a serving platter.
- Serve with your favourite summer salads and sides and some nice garlic bread.