I am really excited to share this delicious burger recipe featuring VG Meats ground beef! I was lucky enough to be part of VG Meats #50BurgerDays and in round one my Fiesta Burger was the winner and will be off to the semifinals! So to celebrate I wanted to share this great burger recipe with you. Packed with your favourite “taco” flavours and seasonings this burger is a fiesta in your mouth! It is perfect for your summer bbq’s, including upcoming Canada Day celebrations.
- 400g VG Meats Ground Beef (Lean or Extra Lean – whichever is your preference)
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow pepper
1/4 cup finely diced orange pepper
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- For the Fiesta Burger spice blend: 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt, 1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp ground cumin, 1/8 tsp paprika, and a pinch of ground cayenne
- 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- Saute peppers and onions in a small saute pan on medium heat in 1 tsp oil for 5 minutes, until softened. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Place ground beef in a large bowl.
- Stir Fiesta spice blend together, and pour over beef.
- Add cooled cooked peppers and onions and Tabasco to beef mixture.
- Combine ingredients with your hands until everything is incorporated.
- Form into 4 equal patties (100g-120g each) and chill until ready to cook . . . (You can freeze them also at this point!).
- Grill burgers on bbq or stovetop to desired doneness.
- Serve on your favourite bun, topped with spicy cheese, salsa, tomato, lettuce and guacamole.
- Some great Canadian or local cheese with a kick! I found Bothwell Red Hot Chili Pepper Jack at my local Longo’s which also stocks VG Meats
- Neal Brothers Salsa (also found at VG Meats and Longo’s)
- Fresh Tomato and Lettuce
- Homemade or store bought guacamole