One of our essential bbq season sides is grilled asparagus, especially when local asparagus is available! Pairs perfectly with your favourite steak, grilled chicken, pork or fish. Love the smoky flavour and charred bits especially when drizzled with fruity olive oil! Delish!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- On a large plate season asparagus with olive oil, a heart pinch of salt and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper.
- Grill asparagus on indirect heat for 10-15 minutes, or until tender and slightly charred.
- Serve family style drizzled with a bit more olive oil.
Note: you can serve with additional toppings including some coarsely grated Parmesan, a drizzle of balsamic glaze, strips of prosciutto or scattered with bacon.