I was having a major cookie craving, one that was sweet and salty, soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. My creation was this, my favourite cookie batter base chock-full of milk chocolate chips, mini Reeses’ pieces, peanut butter chips and pretzels. These are awesome!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons of hot water
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped pretzels
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup of Reeses’ mini pieces for baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugars together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Combine the baking soda with the hot water and add the liquid to the cookie batter and combine.
- Add the kosher salt to the flour and whisk to combine, then add to the mixer combining well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, pretzels, peanut butter chips and Reeses’ mini pieces.
- Using a medium OXO scoop (1 1/2 tablespoon capacity) or spoons drop dough onto the baking sheet, and flatten into a 2″ round using a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden . . . *Note: every oven bakes differently so keep and eye on yours to determine the optimal baking time.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe yielded 26 cookies (using a 1/2 TBSP capacity medium cookie scoop).