It is a momstown.ca #FoodFriday and today’s recipe is an awesome creamy and delicious sun-dried tomato baked chicken. It is the perfect dish to take to your mom, your mom friend, or anyone else who needs a break this Mother’s Day weekend. Just make sure you make a pan for yourself too! This recipe is for sure a go-to weeknight winner and easy to make-ahead and freeze too!
Check out this fantastic recipe over at momstown.ca or below and have a great Mother’s Day Weekend to all!
- 1 kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 5), butterflied and halved, a total of 10 fillets.
- Salt and pepper for seasoning chicken
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup 35% cream
- 1/2 cup sliced sundried tomatoes, drained of oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping before baking.
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Heat a large (12-inche) skillet over medium-high heat and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter with 1 tbsp olive oil and saute 5 chicken pieces until golden brown on each side (about 3-5 minutes per side). Place the cooked chicken in a 9 x 13 baking pan. Repeat with the remaining 5 pieces of chicken.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, tomatoes, cheese and seasoning, and stir to combine.
- Add the cornstarch and stir with a whisk until incorporated smoothly.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and then let simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and top with more grated Parmesan.
- Bake 25 minutes.