TGIF and this Friday it is a momstown.ca #FoodFriday! I am rebelling against the weather this week and have a dessert that is full of sunshine – a luscious lemon cream tart.
Link below to this classic and easy to prepare dessert made with only 6 ingredients (graham crumbs, sugar, butter, condensed milk, lemon and eggs) . . . how great is that?! Click on over to momstown.ca or below and check out my step-by-step instructions . . .
- 1-1/2 cups graham-cracker crumbs
- 5 TBsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 300 ml can of low- or full-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks (note: I freeze my whites for another use)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from approx. 1 large lemon, however you may need more from a second)
- 2 tsp. lemon zest (from approx. one lemon)
- Whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Combine graham crumbs, unsalted butter, and sugar. Press into an 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, mix condensed milk, egg yolks, lemon juice and zest until smooth. Pour into the cooled crust.
- Bake 15 minutes, until the centre is set.
- Remove from oven and cool, then chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream and graham crumbs, or with fresh seasonal fruit.