Delicious blondies cut into shamrocks using a 3 inch cookie cutter and topped with melted white chocolate and sparkly green sprinkles create adorable treats for St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, plus more for “icing”
- Green sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine melted butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add flour and salt and stir until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Pour into baking pan into a even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan then remove blondies from pan using the parchment paper to lift out.
- Once completely cooled, use a 3 inch shamrock cookie cutter to cut out shamrocks.
- To coat tops in sprinkles, melt white chocolate and then smooth over the top of the shamrock blondies in a thin layer. Top with sprinkles, tapping off excess. You will need about 1 tbsp of chocolate chips for every 2 shamrocks (if using a 3″ cutter). You should get 8-10 shamrocks from a 9 x 13 pan using this size.
Recipe adapted from marthastewart.com