Happy momstown #FoodFriday. Today my feature recipe is rich ice cream sandwiched between decadent fudge brownie hearts—momstown’s Heart Melters are an elegant, surprisingly easy Valentine’s show stopper! All you need for this easy and delicious treat is a pan of brownies, a heart-shaped cookie cutter, your favourite ice cream and some festive sprinkles. Make it special by serving it up on some fun Valentine’s plates from your local dollar store.
Link below for the recipe:
- Your favourite brownie recipe (9×9 pan or larger) . . . one that will stand up to being made into a sandwich (not too cakey) – I love the Ghiradelli boxed brownie mix they sell at Costco and it worked fantastic for ice cream sandwiches
- Ice cream of your choice (I opted for classic vanilla)
- Valentine’s sprinkles
- Bake your pan of brownies according to instructions and then let cool completely.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter cut out a heart.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the heart in half
- Top the bottom of the brownie heart with ice cream
- Place the top of the brownie heart on top
- Roll the open sides in sprinkles
- Serve and enjoy!