I am always looking for healthy, non-processed snack options for on-the-go fuel for my kids when we are rushing to lessons or running errands on the weekends. This nut-free trail mix is the perfect solution and is also a great lunch-box option. It’s easy to make, and great to get the kids involved with preparing and being proud of their homemade healthy snack.
This make-ahead mix can be easily prepared in minutes, then stored on the countertop during the week for grab-and-go snacks. Even better, pack 1-cup portions in reusable containers or plastic baggies ahead of time, ready to toss into sports bags at zero notice!
I love lots of different bits and bites in my creations, so this trail mix is packed with five bite-sized cereals, a delicious assortment of dried fruit, healthy raw pumpkin seeds, yummy yogurt-covered raisins, and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips.
This trail mix is packed with five bite-sized cereals, a delicious assortment of dried fruit, healthy raw pumpkin seeds, yummy yogurt-covered raisins, and a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips. Link to the recipe above now to get the recipe from momstown.ca or below:
- 6 cups of your choice of assorted bite-sized cereals—I chose Rice Chex, Corn Bran Squares, Cheerios, Shreddies and Kamut Puffs
- 2 cups assorted dried fruit. I chose a “fruit burst” option on sale in the bulk food section– it included banana chips with dried apricots, apple, papaya and pineapple — and then threw in some dried cranberries for good measure
- 1 cup yogurt-covered raisins
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup mini (allergy free) chocolate chips (optional . . . I used Enjoy Life brand, which are free of dairy, nuts and soy)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well in a large bowl or a container with lid.
- Scoop out 1-cup portions into portable containers or bags for ready-to-go snacks.