These are my absolute favourite make-ahead burgers! Excellent quality ground beef from VG Farms with perfect simple seasoning and made in a flash with the awesome Burger Master. I love to prepare a batch of burgers and then have them handy in the freezer for an easy and delicious dinner when we are craving burgers. Fresh, real food, fast! No need to go through the drive-thru! Love my burgers with a side of my favourite oven-baked sweet potato fries!
- 2 lbs (0.908kg) great quality extra lean ground beef . . . my go-to brand is VG Farms (Born & Raised in Ontario fully traceable, no added hormones, small herd, high care, angus beef & never fed antibiotics) and the results are amazing! Best burgers ever!
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Combine beef, mustard, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper gently (I use my hands) until evenly combined.
- Divide into 8 equally sized burgers, wrap and freeze OR use the amazing Burger Master to form and freeze your burgers (love this product!).
- Store frozen burgers until ready to cook on stove top or on the grill. Cook on medium-high heat directly from frozen until fully cooked-through.
- Serve burgers on your favourite buns or flatbreads with loads of yummy toppings . . . lettuce, onion, mustard, ketchup and some Neal Brothers Sriracha Mayonnaise which is spicy and awesome!!!
Recipe adapted from The Paleo Kitchen