I guess I have been in the mood for chicken lately because I am following up Friday’s Broccoli Chicken Casserole with another great chicken recipe, and one I have been making for quite a few years now!
This delicious, light and slightly spicy curried chicken salad is satisfying and filling but full of healthy and lean ingredients. It is so good! Serve in wraps of your choice including gluten-free options or in lettuce cups/wraps. Great to make-ahead and use for lunches during the week.
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 340g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup light plain goat cheese
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- Flatbread wraps of your choice (choose gluten free options if desired) or other bread
- Place raisins and dried cranberries in a small bowl and cover with boiling water, then cover bowl with saran wrap. Set aside until ready to add into the chicken salad.
- Heat a 12″ skillet to medium. Add olive oil and 1 tsp garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and fully cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk together yogurt, goat cheese, curry powder and lemon juice until smooth.
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces and add into yogurt mixture.
- Stir in cilantro and softened raisins and dried cranberries.
- Divide chicken salad into 4
- Note: you can also add mixed greens in building the wraps/sandwiches or serve in a lettuce wrap if desired.wraps and roll up and slice on an angle in half.
Recipe adapated from the Chocolate & Zucchini Cookbook