These delicious puff-pastry brie bites are so versatile, you can use whatever preserves you have on hand, or even make a dessert version! An elegant appetizer for Christmas or New Year’s gatherings, they come together fast, and kids can customize them with their own favourite jams and jellies. Check out this scrumptious and easy holiday recipe I created for #momstownholiday! Link to recipe or see ingredients and directions below.
I love creating new and tasty appetizers for the holiday season, especially ones that kids and adults can equally enjoy! These delicious puff-pastry brie bites are a breeze to make, but make a big flavour impact! They are perfect for holiday get-togethers, as well as fun and easy for the kids to help with. Even better is you can prepare them ahead, and just pop them into the oven when guests arrive.
I happen to pick up jars of this and that on my travels to fairs, markets, and craft shows (it’s the foodie in me; I just can’t help myself), so I had a great assortment of sweet, savoury and spicy preserves to make a variety of brie bites.
I used red pepper jelly (you can find it at the grocery store), strawberry-jalapeno spread, cranberry & jalapeno jelly, and my mother-in-law’s homemade peach-and-pepper relish.
You could even do a dessert version with Nutella and brie (trust me it’s good).
Have fun and make them your own!
- 10 x 10 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- A wedge of Brie (you need only a small chunk for each cup)
- Sweet, spicy or savoury jam/jelly, or an assortment of your choice
- 1 egg, whisked, for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 400F and place a 24-hole mini-muffin pan (preferably silicon for easier cleanup) on a baking sheet (or use two 12-muffin trays, as I have).
- Divide the puff pastry dough into 24 equal portions.
- Gently press dough into each muffin mould, forming into a little cup.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the pastry lightly with egg wash—this helps it with its look and flavour.
- Place a small chunk of brie into each pastry cup.
- Top with about 1/2 tsp. of your chosen spread, jam or jelly.
- At this point, either bake or chill the cups until you’re ready to bake.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.