When I saw this recipe pop up on Pinterest from Danielle Walker I knew I just had to try it! It is delicious, and perfect for a slow Sunday morning. The hubby loved it and his only feedback was he wanted more : ) I adapted the recipe slightly by adding onion, pre-cooking the potatoes, and making it a meal for 2. I feel you could also throw in a 1/2 cup of chopped red, green or yellow peppers too if you wanted so I may try that next time. I also had no parsley or green onion to garnish with and of course you could add that too. Have fun and give it a try and make it your own! SO good!!!
- 4 slices of good quality bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 2 large eggs (preferably organic free range)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp Kosher (coarse) salt
- A few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a 12″ skillet on medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 5 min. While bacon cooks microwave potatoes for 3 min to pre-cook a bit (I feel this helps them cook more evenly and faster – but you can totally skip this step and just add to the skillet if you prefer).
- After bacon has cooked for 5 minutes add the potatoes, onion and spices and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper and cook for 15 minutes.
- Crack the 2 eggs into the pan directly on top of the hash, add some pepper if desired, and cover and let cook for 8-10 minutes until whites firm and yolks are still a bit runny. You can leave for longer if you do not like runny yolks.
- Transfer hash with eggs into serving bowls and enjoy!