Gourmet inspired chocolate chunk cookies with chopped pecans and salted caramels! Bake some now, and store some ready-to-bake during the holidays with the help of The Smart Cookie!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons of hot water
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup of good quality semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup of pecan halves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of salted caramels, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugars together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and combine well.
- Combine the baking soda with the hot water and add the liquid to the cookie batter and combine.
- Add the kosher salt to the flour and whisk to combine, then add to the mixer combining well.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks, pecans and salted caramels into the dough.
- Using a medium OXO scoop (1 1/2 tablespoon capacity) or spoons drop dough onto the baking sheet AND if using The Smart Cookie use 1 1/2 cups of dough to fill the tray and place in the freezer to use later!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden . . . *Note: every oven bakes differently so keep and eye on yours to determine the optimal baking time.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Recipe yielded 16 cookies (using a 1/2 TBSP capacity medium cookie scoop) and 13 cookies using The Smart Cookie. If using the entire recipe with a medium cookie scoop it should yield 32 cookies. Feel free to double the recipe for a big batch for the holidays!
Now to assist with your bake some now, freeze some later strategy (especially for the holidays) The Smart Cookie from Shape+Store is the perfect solution. What I was doing prior to using this product was placing cookie sheets into the freezer, and I have to tell you this is a lot easier (and less dangerous for those unsuspecting family members who opened the freezer!). The Smart Cookie is a fantastic product for forming and freezing home made cookies. With a 1 1/2 cup cookie dough capacity, The Smart Cookie easily divided my dough into 12 (plus 2 halves which I easily melded together to form a 13th cookie) equal easy to remove portions (they just pop right out!). The Smart Cookie is also very easy to clean. Check out the awesome product photos below . . .
I honestly love it – so easy to use. What a great xmas gift idea for the bakers in your family. Check out the Shape+Store website – as you will also see the “Burger Master” which I reviewed last week. Both products are fantastic and together make a wonderful gift idea for the foodies or kitchen gadget lovers in your family.
Disclosure: This post was written in partnership with Shape+Store to help spread the word about their product lines. The opinions shared about their products are entirely my own.