My favourite way to make sweet potato fries is with Epicure’s Chipotle, Bacon and Cheese seasoning. It is SO good! Gives the fries a bit of a kick and especially delicious with some zesty ketchup. Just have to have these if we are having a burger night! I also love to use my Epicure Crisper as it does result in nice and crispy fries, but you can also use a parchment lined baking pan and have great results.
This recipe is for 2 servings (as I just make enough for my husband and I as it is too spicy for the kids). Double the recipe for 4, and note you may need a second baking sheet to accommodate all of the fries.
- 2 small-medium sweet potatoes or one very large potato
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut flour (optional – but it does add more crispiness/texture)
- 1 heaping tsp of Epicure Chipotle, Cheddar & Bacon seasoning OR have fun and use your own blend or another store-bought seasoning you like
- Cut potatoes into fries, and soak in ice water for 1 hour. *Note: not necessary but it is a step that does help make fries crispier.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain cut potatoes and dry on a tea towel and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss potatoes with oil, coconut flour and seasoning.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet or on the Epicure Crisper (another one of my faves) and bake for 20-30 minutes on the middle rack, tossing occasionally for even cooking.
- Serve with your favourite ketchup or aioli.