I couldn’t let all those wonderful pumpkin seeds go to waste when we were carving our pumpkins this weekend with our two little girls, so I baked up a batch of delicious roasted pumpkin seeds roasted with extra virgin olive oil and beautiful Fleur de Sel. They turned out delicious and the kids love them. If you are carving your pumpkins this week be sure to keep those seeds and bake yourself a tasty and healthy treat!
- Fresh pumpkin seeds straight out of the pumpkin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fleur de Sel (you could also use kosher salt)
- Remove seeds from pumpkin and rinse with cold water in a wire mesh sieve.
- Transfer seeds to a paper towel or a kitchen towel to dry, removing any excess pumpkin. Let dry while oven pre-heats.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer seeds to a bowl and toss with extra virgin olive oil (drizzle by drizzle to coat all seeds evenly) and fleur de sel (a hearty few pinches to season all seeds equally).
- Bake for about 15-30 minutes, until lightly golden, stirring every 5-10 minutes. Time will depend on how many seeds you have – I had 2 pumpkins worth filling the baking sheet so it took longer.
- Remove from oven and finish with another pinch of fleur de sel.
- Once cooled move to an airtight container and enjoy!
Note: You eat the Pumpkin Seeds shells and all, they actually taste a bit like popcorn. You can also remove the shell but that is a lot of work! There are also methods that boil the seeds with salted water before baking, but I chose to just bake and they turned out great!