I am a self-confessed peanut butter & chocolate lover and I wanted to create an over-the-top ultimate peanut butter and chocolate cookie packed with my favourite peanut butter-chocolate treats. I started with my favourite peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough base and then packed it with FOUR different treats . . . Chipits Reese Peanut Butter Chips, Reese’s Pieces, Reese’s mini peanut butter cups and semi-sweet chocolate chips. As my kids would say . . . BAM! WHAT?! (you all watch Liv & Maddie right? LOL!). Anyway, these are one of my best PB-Chocolate treats yet and a great recipe to use for some of that upcoming Halloween chocolate : )
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth light peanut butter (not natural)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned (large flake) oats
- heaping 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- heaping 1/3 cup Reese’s Pieces
- heaping 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- heaping 1/3 cup chopped-up peanut butter cups (or mini PB cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and peanut butter together until light and creamy. Add the sugars and cream until well combined and light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder salt and oats.
- Add the flour and oat mixture to the mixer alternating with the milk in 3 additions (flour, milk, flour, milk, flour).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tbsp size), scoop dough one dozen at a time onto a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten the tops slightly to form a 2″ round.
- Bake or 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browning on the edges. Let cool for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy with a big glass of milk!