Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday and wonderful feasts with your families. To follow up with my Homemade Turkey Stock recipe posted on Momstown Recipes, here is my hearty Turkey Noodle Soup that you can make with that delicious stock! If you do not have homemade stock just substitute some cartons of low sodium chicken or vegetable stock.
- 6 cups of Homemade Turkey Stock (or storebought chicken/vegetable stock)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped carrot
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp (1 clove) of garlic
- A hearty pinch of Kosher Salt
- A few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of leftover turkey, diced or shredded
- 2 cups egg noodles (I used No Yolks Extra Broad), cooked according to package.
- Heat a large pot to medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sauté carrots, celery, onion and garlic for a few minutes. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Add teaspoon of flour and cook for 1 minute (to assist the soup thicken a bit) – you can omit if desired.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once veggies are soft (do a taste test check), add turkey and noodles and heat through on a simmer for a few minutes.
- Do one last taste test and add seasoning if needed to suit your taste.
- Serve with some nice crusty bread and enjoy your homemade soup!