So I have the baking bug now that cooler air has made summer disappear all too quickly. First thing I wanted to do this weekend is bake cookies! These are delicious cookies are packed with oodles of semisweet chocolate chunks, ground pecans, and white chocolate chips – perfect to welcome back Fall (but I am sad to see summer go!!).
Recipe makes 28 cookies using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 T capacity).
- 1.2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of hot water
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup of pecan halves, coarsely ground in a mini food processor or finely chopped
- 1 cup of good quality semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat liner
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugars together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and combine well, then add the vanilla.
- Combine the baking soda with the hot water and add the liquid to the cookie batter and combine.
- Add the kosher salt to the flour and whisk to combine, then add to the mixer combining well.
- Add the pecans, chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips to the dough and stir to combine.
- Using a medium OXO scoop (1 1/2 tablespoon capacity) or spoons drop dough onto the baking sheet. Flatten the tops of the cookies to form “coins” so the cookie bake evenly into perfect circles.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Tip: After step #7 you can place the ready to bake raw cookies into the freezer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once dough is frozen solid remove the cookies and place in a large freezer bag to enjoy anytime without the prep work! Bake from frozen until golden (may need a an extra minute or two).