I know, I know, another green smoothie recipe, but seriously if you aren’t drinking green smoothies yet you need to (especially before cold and flu season hits!). I swear by them and found after a full winter drinking them last year that it decreased the severity of any colds I caught. This one is especially nice with the addition of coconut milk making it creamy and delicious and it is the new favourite at my house – two thumbs up by the hubby and kids. As long as you use 1 cup of liquid you can adjust how much coconut milk and water you use. Get blending!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of fish oil (I use NutraSea Lemon)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of baby spinach or kale
- *optional – add a scoop of your favourite yogurt if desired (it will make the smoothie creamier)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a tall glass or travel tumbler.