Inspired by the delicious cranberry-blueberry muffins we had at Woolfie’s Bakery in Dennisport, MA. Here is my “copycat” recipe of light buttermilk muffins packed with whole cranberries and fresh blueberries and topped with a sprinkling of turbinado sugar for a nice crunchy muffin top!
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole frozen cranberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Turbinado sugar to top muffins (optional)
- Line a regular 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the 2 eggs and combine well.
- In another large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture into the egg mixture, alternating with the buttermilk in three additions. Combine gently, do not overmix.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Fold in the cranberries and blueberries by hand.
- Using a large cookie scoop divide batter evenly into the 12 paper liners.
- Sprinkle some turbinado sugar evenly over the 12 muffins if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes and then transfer muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.