I love arugula. Love it in a salad in various forms like this insanely yummy Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad with Gorgonzola and Pancetta and one of my hubby’s favourites – Steak Salad. Love it tossed with pasta in Lemon Spaghetti with Arugula and Steak with Penne & Arugula, and even love it layered in a panini like my Peach Panini with Mozzarella, Prosciutto and Arugula . I actually should maybe just start a new category!
Anyway my most recent creation is this Berry-licious Arugula Salad loaded with strawberries, blueberries, toasted pecans, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and tossed in an easy balsamic dressing. Delicious, fresh and easy and perfect along side anything grilled!
- For the salad:
- 4 cups of baby arugula
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 tbsp of toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of kosher salt
- a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- Toss arugula and berries together in a large salad bowl.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper vigorously until incorporated.
- Immediately before serving dress salad with vinaigrette and top with pecans and seeds.