Father’s Day is next weekend, and this is a delicious home made treat that is a great gift idea for Dad! My hubby loves this salty and sweet combo!
Visit my post over at Momstown Recipes or scroll down to find out how to make these treats for Dad!
- A bag of your favourite pretzels
- A big good quality milk chocolate bar (I like President’s Choice Milk Chocolate bar – 300g size)
- A bag of toffee bits
- Line a baking sheet or large platter with parchment paper (you will place wet pretzels on this, and into the fridge if desired to help them set faster).
- In a small glass or ceramic bowl melt a chunk of your chocolate bar in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between until smooth. Do not overheat the chocolate. Note: Melt enough for however many pretzels you will be making . . . better to start with less, then melt more if needed.
- Using a wooden skewer (or fork) dip pretzels into the melted chocolate, lift out and let excess drip off, and place onto parchment lined baking sheet/platter. Immediately top with the toffee bits.
- Let dry fully on the counter, or pop into the fridge to make this happen quickly!