Here is a new Momstown Recipes post for Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins. The muffins are moist, delicious and nut-free making them the perfect addition to school lunches. Making them mini makes them perfect pop in your mouth snacks on the go for kids and parents too!
Visit the post here: http://momstown.ca/recipe/banana-chocolate-chip-mini-muffins
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1% buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (preferably dutch-process)
- 1 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/4 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 tbsp mixed into batter, 2 tbsp for sprinkling on top of muffins)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a mini muffin pan with 24 mini muffin liners.
2. Combine the bananas, egg, buttermilk, vanilla, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and oil in a large bowl with a whisk.
3. In another bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
4. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet folding until combined.
5. Stir in 2 tbsp of chocolate chips.
6. Divide the batter evenly among the 24 mini muffin liners.
7. Top with the remaining 2 tbsp of chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Move muffins to a cooling rack until cooled completely.