Are you ready for Spring to really arrive? I am! My Easter decorations box is ready to go! To get you in the spirit check out my new post for Momstown Recipes. Adorable “Peter Cottontail” Bunny Pops made with white chocolate covered Oreos and marshmallows! If you want to make them look more like a bunny from behind, you can tint some leftover chocolate with pink food colouring and dot paw prints on the back feet with toothpicks. I couldn’t resist another fun “pop” idea (you can also use my Valentine Pop idea and make it with Easter Sprinkles – so easy . . . and fun!).
- package of 4″ long “lollipop” sticks (I found mine at my local Bulk Barn)
- package of Oreo Cookies
- bag of white chocolate chips, or you can use candy melts if desired.
- Mini marshmallows
- Easter/Spring coloured sprinkles (if desired)
- Line a large plate (or small cookie sheet) with wax paper and set aside.
- Prepare marshmallows by cutting them in half for the “feet” and leaving them whole but squished down slightly to create the “tails”.
- Gently twist apart 2 Oreo cookies, and place a lollipop stick down on one cookie “bottom” on top of the filling. Gently place another “bottom” on top (filling to filling) securing the stick. Eat the tops : )
- Melt chocolate chips (you need about a 1/4 cup of chips for every 2 pops you make) in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
- Smear some melted white chocolate gently onto the top of one cookie to the edges (hold the cookie underneath as the pop will give due to the weight if holding just by the stick at this point).
- Place the cookie wet chocolate side down onto the wax paper to create the back of the pop.
- Smear the cookie with white chocolate until covered, while also securing the cookie to the stick.
- Dust pop with Easter coloured sprinkles if desired, and secure marshmallow feet and tail.
- Place into the fridge to set for 15 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and trim any excess chocolate around the edges to create an even round edge around the pop.
- Place into an airtight container to store, or package in cellphane bags as Easter gifts!