I am SO ready for Winter to leave and for Spring to arrive!!! So, in celebration of Spring’s arrival tomorrow I am posting this delicious and colourful veggie packed Quinoa Penne Primavera. This is an easy one pot and one pan meal that is delicious, gorgeous and packed with lots of good stuff! Use your favourite pasta brand and shape (farfalle or fusili would work great as well) and celebrate the arrival Spring with this recipe!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups of Quinoa (Ancient Grains) Penne or other pasta of your choice
- 227 (8 oz) package of cremini mushrooms
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, and cut into half moons
- 1 yellow zucchini, halved lengthwise, and cut into half moons
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into thin slices
- 1 small orange pepper, quartered and cut crosswise into small strips
- 1/2 cup of diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
- Assemble all of the veggies in a large bowl, except the asparagus (it will cook with the penne).
- Heat a large skillet to medium high, while also heating a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add olive oil and garlic to the skillet, then add the veggies and season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Stir, and then cover to cook down, stirring occasionally as the penne cooks.
- Meanwhile, add penne to boiling water and cook according to package directions. This package had a cook time of 6-8 minutes.
- At the 6 minute mark, add the asparagus to the penne and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.
- After 8 minutes has passed, transfer penne and asparagus to the veggies with a large slotted spoon.
- Stir to combine penne and veggies. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Season with more pepper if desired.
- Spoon into bowls and top with more Parmesan and pepper if desired.