It’s the day before Valentine’s Day – do you need a quick and easy treat idea? Try these delicious sweet and salty milk chocolate covered pretzels with Valentine’s sprinkles!
- A bag of your favourite pretzels (My fave’s are Rold Gold Tiny Twists)
- A big good quality milk chocolate bar (I like President’s Choice Milk Chocolate bar – 300g size)
- Your choice of sprinkles (make these any time of year customized for the holiday)
- Line a baking sheet or large platter with parchment paper (you will place wet pretzels on this, and into the fridge if desired to help them set faster).
- In a small glass or ceramic bowl melt a chunk of your chocolate bar in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between until smooth. Do not overheat the chocolate. Note: Melt enough for however many pretzels you will be making . . . better to start with less, then melt more if needed.
- Using a wooden skewer (or fork) dip pretzels into the melted chocolate, lift out and let excess drip off, and place onto parchment lined baking sheet/platter. Immediately top with your sprinkles.
- Let dry fully on the counter, or pop into the fridge to make this happen quickly!