It is a Momstown Meals Thursday, and just for Momstown’s Valentine’s Day celebrations I have created a special kid-friendly treat. One of my favourite candy indulgences is chocolate covered marshmallows. You know the 3 to a stick kind you can get at a chocolate shop? Yum! I was inspired to create my own twist, but much easier, and especially kid-friendly. These Valentine’s pops are super-easy and a really fun “candy shop” treat to make with your kids. All you need is 4″ lollipop sticks, jumbo marshmallows, a bar of milk chocolate and some Valentine’s sprinkles. Have fun and create your own candy shop treats at home!
Link to my Momstown Meals post on how to make these adorable, easy and delicious creations (http://momstown.ca/recipe/valentine-marshmallow-pops) or see below . . .
- 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows
- 1 large good quality milk chocolate bar (I used a 300g President’s Choice Milk Chocolate bar)
- Variety of festive Valentine’s sprinkles of your choice
- A package of 4″ long “lollipop” sticks (I found mine at my local Bulk Barn)
- Before starting, make a stand for your pops by filling a small glass (or shot glass – funny but the right size!) with sugar. This will allow the pops to stand in without falling over while the chocolate hardens.
- In a small glass or ceramic bowl melt a chunk of your chocolate bar in 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between until smooth. Do not overheat the chocolate. Note: Melt enough for however many “pops” you will be making . . . better to start with less, then melt more if needed.
- Place a marshmallow on the stick and then dunk into the chocolate about halfway down the marshmallow, lift out, and let excess chocolate drip off.
- Remove from the chocolate bowl, and over a plate sprinkle desired Valentine’s sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Place pop into your glass and then place into the fridge to harden (as it will happen quickly and eliminate any waiting time for taste-testing!).