I was inspired by my yummy Power Waffles recipe that the whole family loves, to develop an equally delicious power pancakes recipe! The results are fantastic! I made them on the weekend, then froze them on baking sheets and popped them into freezer bags, so that I all need to do is pop them in the toaster for a fast, warm, and hearty weekday breakfast. Top with a drizzle of maple syrup and some additional berries. Recipes makes 22 pancakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1 cup large flake oats, ground (by using a mini food-processor)
- 1 tsp kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups 1% milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted – plus more for cooking the pancakes.
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 large banana, diced small
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients (flours, flax, ground oats, salt, and baking powder) and blend together with a whisk.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, milk and coconut oil).
- Combine wet ingredients into dry, folding to blend all ingredients together until completely incorporated.
- Fold in oats, banana and blueberries.
- Heat a large skillet to medium to medium-high.
- Add about 1 tsp coconut oil to the pan for cooking the pancakes.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 tbsp capacity) scoop dough into skillet (3-4 depending on size) and spread slightly with a knife to desired thickness. Cook 2-3 minutes per side or until fully cooked through and golden on each side.
- Remove pancakes to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Continue cooking pancakes, adding more coconut oil as needed for each batch.
- To freeze pancakes, place on a small parchment lined baking sheet (using parchment in between layers if needed). Place in the freezer for a few hours until pancakes are fully frozen. Transfer pancakes to freezer bags and store until ready to use. To re-heat, place in a toaster or toaster oven until heated through.