Hello everyone, it’s Christmas Cookie Week Day 2 and today I have posted delicious and adorable minty Candy Cane Kiss Cookies that the whole family and Santa will love!
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/2 cup candy cane kisses, chopped (approx 22 kisses)
- 36 unwrapped candy cane kisses to top each cookie
- Red and green sprinkles to roll dough in (or granulated sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Combine icing sugar, butter, extracts, and egg. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and then add to the wet mixture, and beat until incorporated.
- Add in the 1/2 cup of chopped kisses and mix until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 tablespoon size), scoop a portion of dough and roll in red or green sprinkles (or granulated sugar), then place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven, cool for 30-60 seconds and then place a kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Let cookies cool completely and kisses harden completely before storing.
- Recipe makes 36 cookies using the medium cookie scoop.