Happy December everyone! I am kicking off my first ever Christmas Cookie Week on the blog today. I will be posting 5 holiday cookie recipes this week so make sure you come back and visit every day!
The first recipe is a terrific cookie press recipe. I had so much fun making these simple buttery vanilla “spritz” cookies with my cookie press and the adorable different shapes that it can produce! It is also a really fun cookie recipe to make with the kids.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract (I used almond)
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line two baking sheets with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add flour, salt, egg and extract and mix until incorporated.
- Fill cookie press with dough (follow instructions for your press) and place your chosen disk on the top. Follow press instructions by placing press straight down on the baking sheet and “clicking” out a cookie through the press.
- Before baking top cookies with desired sprinkles.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-8 minutes until just golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven, transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cook completely.