This is a delicious recipe that Janet and Greta Podleski posted on their Facebook page. When I saw it I just had to make it myself! I did indulge and added some chocolate chips which I think makes them absolutely perfect. This recipe would make a great addition to your holiday baking for and friends or family who prefer gluten-free treats.
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 large egg (preferably organic free run)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Kosher (coarse) salt
- heaping 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat mat, or parchment paper.
- Combine almond butter, brown sugar, flaxseed, egg, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a large bowl and mix well until completely incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 tsp capacity), scoop cookies onto the baking sheet. Flatten the tops of the cookies with a small fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and remove from oven to cool on the pan (10 minutes). Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container – makes 28 cookies.
Recipe from Janet and Greta Podleski’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JanetandGreta