The other day my boss brought in that tasty Costco quinoa salad, and we were talking about how much it is like tabbouleh and how much we love tabbouleh. Well ever since then I have had a craving for tabbouleh, but made with quinoa like Costco’s salad, so I did some research, and prepared my own just the way I like it – tiny diced tomatoes and cucumber and loaded with parsley, topped with a simple lemon juice and olive oil dressing, SO delicious!
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed (white or red & white which would look so pretty)
- 1 cup no-salt added vegetable or chicken broth
- Pinch of Kosher salt (plus a few more pinches for finished salad)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced english cucumber (unpeeled, seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup finely diced roma tomato (seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Rinse quinoa, add to a small pot with 1 cup of broth, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then set to low and cover for 15 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes off heat, then fluff with fork and move to a bowl to cool.
- While quinoa cools, prepare dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon, garlic and few grinds of pepper.
- Once quinoa has cooled add cucumber, tomato, parsley and green onion. Toss with dressing (adding a bit at a time to determine your preferred taste).
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit