Want to get a head start on Christmas baking while using up leftover halloween chocolates you have on hand or making a dent into the mountain of goodies your kids bring home?
Try this recipe – except instead of baking them right away, scoop onto baking sheets and freeze dough so come Christmas you have delicious cookies ready to bake and serve in minutes!
Link here for the recipe or see below:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 heaping cups of assorted, chopped, halloween chocolates (about 25-30)
1. Prepare a baking sheet (that will fit into your freezer) with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In an electric mixer cream butter with the sugars. Add egg and vanilla and combine.
3. Combine baking soda with hot water, and add to mixer.
4. Add flour and salt and stir until incorporated.
5. Pour in the chopped chocolates and combine dough well.
6. Using a small or medium cookie scoop (or tablespoon, or 2 spoons), scoop out equal portions of dough onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Instead of baking, then place cookie sheet into the freezer and freeze the individual cookies, which will then be ready to bake anytime!
8. Once frozen transfer ready-to-bake cookies to a freezer bag and keep in the freezer until you need cookies.
9. To bake – pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake cookies from frozen for 12 minutes or until golden around the edges.
Note: Using a medium (1 1/2 TBSP) cookie scoop will yield about 32 cookies. Double, triple recipe as needed.