Looking for a light and simple appetizer for this Thanksgiving (and quite honestly anytime!). This is a perfect combination of sweet and savoury that makes a fantastic pre-dinner appetizer with cocktails. Thank you Bobby Flay for this great idea!
- Baguette of your choice, sliced on the angle
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fig Jam/Spread (you can find it easily in the jam section)
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Brush bread with a small amount of olive oil and toast lightly in a toaster oven or in the oven.
- Once lightly toasted, remove and smear with some fig jam and top with gorgonzola.
- Enjoy with a lovely glass of wine!