My first recipe is a yummy Healthy Pumpkin-Banana-Cranberry Muffins made with Coconut Oil that my kids loved. In addition to these muffins being made with the healthy choice of coconut oil, they are also sugar-free being made instead with honey or maple syrup.
To go to the recipe just link above on the recipe title and jump on over and check out Momstown or view below:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and line a 12-cup muffin pan with large paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flours, wheat germ, oats, baking soda and salt.
3. In a second bowl whisk together the melted coconut oil. honey or maple syrup, eggs, banana, pumpkin and milk.
4. Fold wet ingredients into dry until fully incorporated. Fold in cranberries.
5. Divide batter evenly among the paper liners in the muffin pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Let the muffins cool, and enjoy warm with a drizzle of honey, some jam or a small smear of butter.