Here is my final Peach Week post and it is a fabulous Pinterest inspired combination that makes a delicious appetizer perfect for cocktail time! Just what you need as you head into the weekend! Enjoy!
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing on bread
- Kosher (coarse) salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- Sliced sourdough baguette, or other baguette of your choice (Ciabatta, French)
- Sliced peaches
- Crumbled Gorgonzola
- Good quality honey
- Brush slices of bread with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toast bread lightly to crisp (I like to use my toaster oven for this).
- Once lightly toasted, lay peaches on bread and top with gorgonzola.
- Return to toaster oven (or oven) and toast until gorgonzola has melted.
- Remove crostini, drizzle with honey, and serve.