Day 2 of Peach week, and today is a fantastic Peach Cranberry Muffin recipe! This muffin recipe is just perfection. The peach cranberry combination is fantastic and it may be my favourite muffin yet! I used the base recipe from the Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake Muffins, and adapted with some lemon zest, fresh chopped peaches and frozen cranberries. The muffins came out fantastic, light and fluffy and studded with cranberries and peach chunks. This is my go-to “coffee-cake” style muffin recipe – it just turns out perfect every time.
For the crumble topping:
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon
For the muffins:
- 1/4 cup of your preferred margarine or unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher (coarse) salt
- 3/4 cup 1% buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled peaches
- Begin by making crumble, by combining the butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon with a clean hand or two knives in a small bowl (or pulse in a mini food processor) to make a fine crumble. Place in the fridge to stay cold while you make the muffins.
- Line a regular 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream margarine (or butter) and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the 2 eggs and combine well.
- In another large bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture into the egg mixture, alternating with the buttermilk in three additions. Combine gently, do not overmix.
- Fold in the lemon zest, cranberries and peaches.
- Using a large cookie scoop divide batter evenly into the 12 paper liners.
- Divide crumble evenly over the 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.