Absolutely one of the most delicious creations I have made lately! Sweet and savory and melt in your mouth delicious. A delectable combination of fresh sourdough bread topped with brie, thinly sliced strawberry, a basil chiffonade and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. If you love paninis you must try this!
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for the bread (1/2 tsp per slice)
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- a few slices of brie to cover the bottom piece of bread
- 2 large strawberries thinly sliced
- 2 large basil leaves, rolled and thinly cut into a chiffonade
- A good drizzle of balsamic glaze
- Preheat your panini maker.
- Drizzle or brush olive oil on the outside of the bread.
- Layer one slice of sourdough with brie, sliced strawberries, and then basil. Top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Top with the second slice of bread and transfer to the panini maker.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and the bread is toasted (a few minutes).
- Remove sandwich from the panini maker with a large spatula and let rest a minute as it will be very hot, and the cheese will ooze if you choose to slice in two.