Absolutely scrumptious banana muffins topped with a swirl of Nutella creating a chocolately topping that is melt in your mouth delicious! Thumbs up from the entire family (and a new favourite of mine for sure!).
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher (coarse) salt
- 1 1/3 cup mashed banana (approx 2 1/2 large ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Approximately 12 tsp of Nutella (1 tsp/dollop for each muffin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-cup muffin pan with large paper muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar. Add in the egg, canola oil and vanilla extract and mix well
- Fold in the flour mixture into the wet, combining until there are no lumps, but do not overmix.
- Divide the batter equally among the 12 muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with 1 teaspoon of Nutella. Create the swirl by moving a toothpick through the Nutella and batter (this is the fun part!).
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Novice Chef.